1. Financial Analyst – Workplace Education Manitoba
Workplace Education Manitoba is looking for a Finance Assistant to support the Finance Manager in financial/operational reporting and analysis for multiple organizations. This role will help maintain WEM’S financial health and ensure the optimal allocation of our funding. Responsibilities include preparation, analysis and development of financial reports, maintenance of routine accounting functions, supporting AP/AR/Payroll and filing.
– Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reports for WEM and related organizations.
– Prepare monthly/quarterly/year-end journal entries, (prepaid, depreciation, accruals and allocations.)
– Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of Quickbooks reporting framework, (within parameters set out by the funder.)
– Assist in the development and ongoing preparation of management reports.
– Assist in the development and ongoing preparation of our project reporting database.
– Assist in statutory reporting (H and E, GST, T2, T1044.)
– Assist in the maintenance of the SPRS database.
– Support the Payroll AP and AR functions.
– Processing Credit Card receipts and payments.
– Filing and other duties as assigned.
– Completion of a recognized accounting/finance diploma or certificate program.
– 3 years of experience in a Finance Analyst or similar role.
– Understanding of financial management within a nonprofit environment.
– Working knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures.
– Advanced MS Excel skills (creating spreadsheets and using financial functions.)
– Experience using accounting software. (QuickBooks)
– Strong organization, time-management skills.
– Attention to detail.
Anticipated Start Date: March 2020
How to apply:
Please submit your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission: January 24, 2020
2. WEST Centre Site Coordinator
Workplace Education Manitoba (WEM) strives to be Manitoba’s centre of best practices for workplace Essential Skills consultation, assessment and training by providing access to the Essential Skills knowledge and training required to determine and pursue Manitobans’ goals related to learning, the workplace and life.
WEM is currently seeking an individual who is passionate about working with our learners, service providers and staff. Reporting to the West Centre Coordinator, the Site Coordinator will Act as the “program quarterback” to support learning processes, program development, evaluation and learner referrals.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and expertise to:
• Assess individual Essential Skills’ learning needs
• Support and help guide learning program delivery
• Knowledge of referral systems and organizations within Winnipeg that can provide supports to individuals that need other supports than ES
• Understanding of program evaluation
• Provide support to processes for program delivery
• Build rapport with individuals and workshop groups
• Create a positive environment to support clients’ self-confidence and motivation
• Assist clients in preparation for future learning opportunities
• Collaborate and objectively work with clients to develop realistic career and educational goals and achievable action plans.
Competencies and Qualifications:
• Facilitation experience and a demonstrated knowledge of the principles of group dynamics and adult education
• Flexible work style with demonstrated ability to deal with competing priorities
• Able to deal with ambiguity and to “think on your feet”
• Thrive in an environment with lots of change and variety
• Passion for continuous improvement and innovation
• Exceptional communication skills (active listening, verbal, written and non-verbal)
• Resourceful individual, able to research and implement solutions
• Ability to work as part of an integrated team to achieve collective goals
• Results-oriented, self-directed individual who takes initiative
• Knowledge and proficient use of computer software packages including: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, to email@example.com or mail to 1000 Waverley St., Wpg., MB, R3T 0P3. Deadline is December 20, 2019.