1) LMS Administrator
The LMS Administrator role will be responsible for managing and administering Workplace Education Manitoba’s learning management system along with the hosted content and programs. The role’s responsibilities include coordinating and tracking of all training activities and as well as supporting systems and materials. This position, as part of a team, will provide technical support for delivery and the Learning Management System.
Four years’ experience administering learning management systems. Preferred experience in either SmarterU or Thinkific. This includes overall system administration and configuration, ongoing maintenance, documentation, troubleshooting, and implementing new features and functionality to support the retention, development, and engagement of our learners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES some to include…
- Complete the setup of training courses within the system
- Provide first and second level support for all incoming requests via email.
- Provide learners with technical support and problem-solving services, e.g., password resets, access issues, etc.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Manage the Learning Management System by creating, uploading, and revising materials as needed.
- Collaborate with team members to develop and continuously improve the administration of the LMS
- Generate reporting as needed
- Coordinate logistics for training events and workshops (venue, equipment, and materials).
- Provide technical support during webinar deliveries
- Working knowledge of LMS administration (3 years)
- Basic knowledge of information technology.
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience.
- Comfort in moderating live online training through the provision of technical support
- Proficient in business writing skills.
- Proficient in MS Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Clear oral and written communication skills – to collaborate with a large team and communicate to multiple levels, globally
- Experience providing LMS support
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Experienced conceptual thinking abilities (vision, problem-solving)
- Effective execution (pragmatic, well organized, efficient)
- Bachelor’s degree, an asset.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems including SmarterU and Thinkific.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to understand and break down processes, develop step-by-step procedures, and translate the process to writing and training processes.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple and competing priorities.
- Comfortable working both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to plan for a meet competing deadlines.
* Please forward your resume to email@example.com by Monday, July 27th.
2) Communications Manager
Workplace Education Manitoba (WEM), Essential Skills Manitoba (ESM), and Workplace Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (WPLAR) are three partnering organizations working to support the Essential Skills needs of Manitobans. With the growth of these organizations and with transitioning to blended training, a shared Communications Coordinator position is needed to support ongoing development.
We look for our communications to speak to who we are and to the outcomes achieved by our participants and partners.
The target audience is wide and based on regional needs (urban/rural/north); and includes workplace partners, funding partners, and diverse learner groups from varying cultures, demographics, work histories, and locations.
Based on the availability of the internet in different locations across the province, communication materials need to be available in both online and paper formats. The successful candidate must be able to accommodate all audiences using the appropriate communication mediums.
The goal of the communications coordinator is to build, with the operations team, a strategy that will support all areas of our business development through promotion and consistent relaying of programming, participant and partner outcomes, and new and existing initiatives.
Creating, planning, and executing communication initiatives, including relevant content, that increase general awareness, engagement, increased market share, and enhanced our brand with internal and external audiences including:
- Participants, including employed and unemployed
- Workplace partners
- Indigenous community partners
- Non-profit partners
- Funding partners
- Staffing contingent
- Future staff/contracted personnel to support the organization
- Develop, with Operations Team, an overall communications strategy including alignment between customized plans for each of the 3 organizations
- Support the Operations Team in Business development based on regional communication needs
- Build alignment between communications (internal and external) to provide consistency across programming and sub-brands
- Develop both online and paper communication content
- Manage and generate webpage content, including the development of a new strategy for the current webpages
- Support general social media strategy, including participating in content development
- Ensure the organizations are current in online communication platforms as they develop
- Anticipate trends and devise lead generations’ strategies for various markets, including regional
- Ability to interview partners and participants using effective communication strategies to delve deep into their experiences
- Collect and analyze information to ensure that communication strategies and content is in line with the goals of the organization.
- Although this is a “working” position, it is expected that additional supports will be required. Any supports for this position would be contract-based. As a result, the successful candidate would need to have proven leadership abilities including:
- Determination of clear contractual objectives
- Selection of appropriate talent to meet and exceed expectations
- Provide feedback and coaching on deliverables
- Lead team in a respectful and inclusive manner
The successful candidate will have:
- Relevant post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications or related discipline or proven experience and success in the field
- 4 years of experience in marketing, communications, or related industry
- 3 years of experience developing strategies, creating campaigns and posting content in online platforms.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing campaign
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading abilities
- Proven ability to write communication content that is engaging and relevant to both differing audiences or market with both online and hard copy mediums
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Understanding of digital platforms, including online and social media campaigns
- Proven ability to create and analyze analytic reports to track success, develop recommendations and best practices for future content and campaigns
- Experience in monitoring trends in content marketing, social media tools, applications
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to quickly learn and understand concepts, problem solve, take ownership, and manage work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and CMS
- Computer literacy is essential, especially on social media, website content management systems, WordPress, e-communications, and survey software, as well as word processing and spreadsheet management
- Proficient knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, and other social media practices
- Research to enhance the content, identify relevant topics and trends, stay current fact check, and analyze sources such as SEO to generate information.
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, July 27, 2020.